Friday, February 17, 2012

Monday Monday

Only three more days until we find out what we will be bringing into the world. A girl or a boy.

Every time I close my eyes, I can see a tiny orange-haired precious girl with blue eyes and a broad grin just like her daddy. But I have a pretty vivid imagination, and who the heck knows what this kid's gonna look like.

If it's a boy, Tim will have a boy to wrestle with and play with all the day long, and I'll love to watch them bump heads and giggle while they knock the flowers off the table and Chloe barks at them nearby, trying to lick our little one in the face as they rough house. I can dress him up in a cute little suit for church and spike up the front of his hair like he's a little man. And Tim will buy that tiny dinosaur hoodie he's been eyeing at target for baby to wear when the weather gets cold.

If it's a girl, I will get a real doll to play dress-up with the way I never did when I was little. We will sing together and dance together in the living room and Tim will watch us and laugh. That little girl will have Tim wrapped around her little finger and he will come home with all sorts of toys and clothes for her even when I tell him she has enough.

If it's a boy, we'll play aliens as a family and attack invisible evil-doers from outer space with our lazer guns. We'll go to the Museum of Natural History and look at dinosaur bones and eat hot dogs. Tim will teach him martial arts like nobody's business. Hopefully, he will enjoy it.

If it's a girl, I'll curl her hair for church sometimes and Tim will say she's beautiful just like her mommy. I'll teach her how to sing songs like "I'm so glad when daddy comes home" so she can sing to Tim when he gets home from work. Tim will teach her martial arts like nobody's business. Hopefully, she will enjoy it.

I think I've been feeling the baby kick this week. Every now and then I'll feel a little push against my belly from the inside. Still could be gas, but I'm starting to think it might be our little martial arts ninja practicing his/her kicks to pass the time.

My health update: I have almost gained back all the weight I lost in my first trimester! I check my weight last night and it was 127. That is a big step up from the 115 I was at my worst. Only three more pounds to go before I'm back to normal, then I can blow up like a blimp.

2 comments:

I Want Kandie said...

Eeecckk! all of that sounds so exciting! I can't believe how fast we're growing up. Next time I see you I'm going to be calling you mommy!

Whether little Mary or little Tim comes into the world the tike is going to be perfect and I'm excited for you!

You're the sweetest, funnest person ever and you're going to make the best mom. Congrats my friend!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your little boy will sing and dance with you, too, Mary! :D Congratulations!