Thursday, September 24, 2009

Life in the Fast Lane

I've started a new job down in Warrenton this week; another temp to hire position. There are a couple of things I want to say about it, and they are all good!

1) No traffic-I head down 29 and wave to everyone on the opposite side of the road...so long, suckaaaas.

2) The people- They are so nice and smiley, have good senses of humor, and understand when I screw up the printer or computer (yes, I've already done both--today was my second day).

3) The work- Challenging, yet satisfying. It's like trying to solve a puzzle every day, and I looooove puzzles.

4) The kitchen- Food shouldn't be so important to me, but it is, and it deserves to have some space. This kitchen is fully equipped with 2 refridgerators, a microwave, dishwasher, icemaker, silverware, a couple vending machines (snacks and sodas), a tv that actually works and is on during lunch hours, mugs, glasses, a water cooler thingy, recycling bins, comfy chairs, numerous tables, BOOTHS, etc etc etc!

5) The building- I love walking through it. It's classy. Stone floors, dark wood, sleek metal handles and railings, but best of all, big 'ole windows to let in the natural light from outside.

6) My desk- I have a full on desk, people. I can put whatever I want on it, and organize it however I like. Never had that before. It's quite nice.

Just a couple things about that. Yay for new jobs that we like!


We *think* Chloe will be ending her cycle soon, so within the next couple saturdays, I'm going to try to make it down to Richmond and get her babymaker disabled. Thanks to my seester, I have finally found a place that is reasonably priced and will do the job. Maybe while I'm down there, I can visit my family (Rob, Jo, Abby, I'm lookin at you! Whaddya say?). Tim will probably not be able to go because he works Saturdays til 2, so... He needs to get on here and talk about his job! He's been having a blast there!

Love you all!

No comments: