For my birthday, Tim took me to dinner and a movie. During the movie (Brave--pretty good, but nothing really awesome), I kept having contractions. Nothing painful, but they were coming so regularly, it made me nervous. We were really close to the hospital so after calling the doctors and not getting a call back, we decided to just check in.
Turns out I was having contractions, but wasn't in labor. I've been having contractions since I left the hospital, too, but nothing painful yet. Just uncomfortable.
At the hospital, I was dialated to a one or two, 80% effaced and the nurse said the baby's head was "right there."
This morning, I had my weekly checkup appointment. I was dialated to a three and still 80% effaced, and again, his head was right there. As the doc put it, "I can feel his head." Weird! The doctor said she'd be surprised if I made it to my due date, and I have to say, I think she's right.
I feel like this little guy is anxious to greet the world. And we sure are anxious to meet him.
Great Wolf Lodge
9 years ago
1 comment:
Hang in there Mary! What I have learned over the years is things don't slow or get easier. So don't pray for that....I've learned simply to pray for a stronger back. Strong to bare it all. That really seems to work. Praying for you all. When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot in it.
Post a Comment