Since the false alarm on my birthday, I've had one more. At THAT false alarm, my contractions started coming on closer and stronger so the docs at the hospital started to get a little hyped up, but nothing was happening. They sent me home with my contractions and told me to come back if they continue. They didn't. Well, they did irregularly.
Every doctor appointment I've gone to, I've dialated a little more. To me, this means I've been in labor since around my birthday, June 26th. I'm now dialated to a 4 and at my doctor's appointment today, the doctor was measuring my belly and said, "Is he breech?"
I freaked a little. How could he be breech? He's been head down since week 35, and all the docs have commented on how low his head is. He's been stuck there for weeks! How could he be breech?
"Is his head really that low?" she said. And indeed, it is. He's not breech, he is ready.
All our bags are packed, the clothes are washed, my body has been preparing for weeks for baby to come and the doc says my labor should be fairly easy since I'm already dialated and he is "right there." Let's hope that's the case.
So now, it's the waiting game. Next time I go to the hospital, I'm comin' home with a baby.
Great Wolf Lodge
9 years ago
1 comment:
Yay! Way to go Mary!!! You're super tough, lady, since technically you've been in labor for weeks now. When baby comes out, suddenly you'll be able to walk normally again!
Post a Comment