Sunday, June 24, 2012

When it Rains, it Pours

That is the mantra we've been living by for the past month or so. In two and a half weeks, we've had to find a temporary location for our martial arts business, get ready for our baby, had a belt test for our students, two white belt seminars and a gun defense seminar, signed a lease for a new permanent location, the baby dropped inside my belly, Tim began coaching swim again for the summer team, are currently getting our new location ready with paint, occupancy permit, and a brand new sign to hang above it, and my sister, Jen, had her baby boy, Lincoln.

There have been moments these past two weeks when I was so tired, I cried. Tim was so busy and focused, I hardly talked to him, except to hear the updates on what possible locations we could go into, or when he needed help with something. Poor Chloe, our pup, was getting no attention from us.

But through this whole ordeal, I've never had doubts about our success. That was a great blessing.

See, two and a half weeks ago, we were informed that our program would have to leave the daycare, under the request of the new owner. We were told on a Wednesday to be out of the room the next Friday. Later, we found out it was for licensing reasons, and the new owner was willing to work with us to keep our program going, under some modifications. But by that time, the search had already begun, and the modifications were too limiting, so we decided the best thing for everyone was to leave.

During this time of uncertainty, we signed up 20 new students in our program. Even after we told them our plight, their kids were so excited about the program, they still signed up. That was a confidence booster.

The support we've received from our customers still overwhelms me. Encouraging words, generosity in helping us raise money for a new space, helping us paint, participating in fundraisers, etc etc etc. It has been so touching to see the love they have for us in our time of need. It makes me want to cry.

One parent said, "God has a plan for you. He is watching over you. Everything will be okay." That made me tear up.

Another parent donated $50 to us and wouldn't let me give her anything in return. She said, "Keep teaching my son. You keep teaching our children. That is what I want." That made me cry.

And despite how busy we've been, Tim has been the only one "nesting" as they call it. Washing the baby clothes, cleaning, lysoling all compartments that baby things will be going into, etc... He blows my mind with his awesomeness. I love him so much.

So I'm 37 weeks along today and the baby is, as the doc put it Wednesday morning, "good and low." That's right, baby is head down and in position, people. I could go any day now. I will say I've been feeling Braxton Hicks contractions a little more often these days, which is to be expected as I near my due date (July 16th). But I anticipate he will stay "good and low" for another little while.

Reason 1, our new space isn't ready yet. If he can wait at least two more weeks, I think things will have calmed down a bit more.

Reason 2, baby Lincoln was just born. He needs at least a couple more weeks in the limelight before our handsome baby outshines his royal cuteness. And believe me, you guys, he is soooooooooooooo cute!!

Reason 3, because mommy said so. And I just remembered, my birthday is in two days. Forgot about that.

No comments: