Friday, March 9, 2012

Jumping Jehosaphat!

Yes, I had to look up how to spell "jehosaphat."

I think our baby has decided the best way he can spend his time is by seeing how hard he can punch mommy. Over the past week, he's gone from a docile babe to a jumping, flipping, punching and kicking machine! I have started to visibly see my belly pop out when he kicks especially hard. Tim finally felt a really good kick the other day. For the past couple weeks it's been nothing but tiny flutters if he's lucky to feel anything. But the other day, he put his hand on my belly and WHAM-O! That kid kicked his hand as hard as he could. Tim pulled back and said, "Whoa! That was a good kick." I answered with, "He's been doing that to me all day."

Earlier today, I decided to try some music against my belly to see what his reaction would be. I picked a Josh Groban song to see if it would calm him down at all. The one I chose has a beautiful violin solo at the beginning, and one of the notes is rather high and elongated. When that note played against my belly, the baby kicked. Not only did he kick hard, but he kicked RIGHT where the phone speaker was laying against my belly. I got the hint and the song was over after 18 seconds. It made me laugh so hard.

1 comment:

Julie said...

awww he's not a grobanite?!
henry LOVED the beach boys. he likes classical music, too, but i think his heart sings when there is a good beat.
try out some more music to see what he likes!