My sister and I attended these rival schools in Utah, and I just have to say, I think the fight songs say a lot about the schools in general. Here is a link to each song.
USU:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o3vyRC3Q0I
As you can see, it's pretty easy to learn, and just in case you didn't pick it up the first time, they repeat it for you. It's as easy to get the song as it is to beat the team, or to be accepted into the school. Burn on myself.
BYU:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJpz_TYIO54
The cougar song, however, is a bit harder to learn, and the language seems a little over-inflated at parts. Kind of like how the school itself is over-inflated, and maybe some of the students. Burn on BYU buahahaha.
Now I love my Aggies, but the cougar fight song is just so darned catchy, once it's in my head, I can't get it out. For instance, last night I was awake for 2 hours from 2am to 4am. What was the lullaby I sang to myself to go back to sleep? Rise and shout, the cougars are out...I feel like I've betrayed my heritage a little bit. Oh well.
Which song do you like more?
Great Wolf Lodge
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment