This morning, I went and played racquetball with my dear friend, Lindsay Niedrich. I awoke right before my alarm went off, which hasn't happened in about 3 years... Racquetball, I've discovered, is not a sport you can get good at in one short morning session. The ball hit my side at least twice within the 20 mins we were playing.
The days are getting longer, but time is closing in. The moment when I see Tim again nears every second, though I try to focus on other things like my writing journal and my final draft for Non-fic. Yesterday, only 10 days stood between me and my trip back home. Today, it's only 9 days. 9 days. And I still haven't begun to pack, which Jen will atest is typical news.
What's even weirder than time is I am going to bed early and starting to wake up early. "Early to bed, early to rise makes Mary totally weirded out and on time for class." I think that's how that goes, anyway. However, just because Mary is waking up earlier doesn't mean she's any more coherant than normal. For example, this blog was written on an early morning whim. Stranger things have occurred on our blog, I suppose, like Tim dancing with Chloe to a soft tango.
I will conclude with the lyrics of one of my favorite They Might Be Giants songs...
You're older than you've ever been.
And now you're even older.
And now you're even older.
And now you're even older.
You're older than you've ever been.
And now you're even older.
And now you're older still.
TIME! Is marching on.
And time.. is still marching on.
This day will soon be at an end and now it's even sooner.
And now it's even sooner.
And now it's even sooner.
This day will soon be at an end and now it's even sooner.
And now it's even sooner.
And now it's sooner still.
You're older than you've ever been.
And now you're even older.
And now you're even older.
And now you're even older.
You're older than you've ever been.
And now you're even older.
And now you're older still.
Great Wolf Lodge
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment