I awoke to the screeching of my alarm. 8: 30am. "Crap! Class starts in 20 minutes!" I got up, brushed my teeth as fast as I could, changed really really fast, then grabbed what I needed for the day. Tim had left earlier in the morning to go to Ogden and Provo for job training, so he had left Chloe by the desk, as usual when he goes out of town or to work. I scratched her ears, said goodbye, and noticed the treats sitting on the desk. This may sound really gross, but we've been giving Chloe some new treats that have given her really bad gas and STANKY poo. I picked up the treats. "Becca," I called to my roommate. "Do you want these treats for your pup? They're...bad for Chloe." She said maybe, so I stuck them back on the desk and walked out the door.
Snow everywhere. My shoes were fabric and the wetness soaked through so I could actually hear squishing sounds before I got into my class. Cold feet.
Once in class, my teacher announced we should exchange our stories with our groups today. "Crap! I knew I forgot something this week!" I had no story to exchange! Luckily, I got the emails of the people in my group and will email them my story on Saturday with no grade reduction.
I was ready to spend the next 3 hours working on a poetry analysis paper about a single poem of our choice. My poem, "The Widow's Lament in Springtime" by William Carlos Williams, spoke to me. I knew exactly what it meant and how I wanted to talk about it. The paper was due at 3:00 later this same day.
"Hot Chocolate and Mexican Bread for a Dollar!" I passed a table of cheap food on my way into the Student Center. I hadn't had breakfast. Mexican Bread is so good, and I love Hot Chocolate on a gloomy day. I handed the guy a dollar in a second and someone put a cup in my hands full of rich, creamy, cinnamony hot cocoa drink. I was so excited, I bounced my knees back and forth like I do when I get excited... Bad idea. Hot chocolate all over my hand. Steamy and burning. Luckily, it was so cold outside, the liquid hardly remained hot for long. But I still have a brown stain where it spilled.
I sat down to study and checked over the analysis paper just to make sure I was doing it correctly. "What?!" I exclaimed at the explanation of the assignment. "Paper on the whole collection of poems???" A completely different paper than the one I had prepared the night before. Crap.
I quickly skimmed through the poems and easily found a pattern of what I wanted to write about. Whew, that was close. I checked the clock. 2 1/2 hours left. Plenty of time.
I walked to the computer lab and sat down, ready to type out a genius paper about William Carlos Williams and his anthology entitled, "Sour Grapes." "William Carlos Williams felt the integrity of poetry lied in the ordinary of everyday life. In the images any one can relate to. In his collection--" Ting-a-ling! Ting-a-ling! My phone started ringing... I looked down. It was my roommate, Becca.
Me: Hey, Becca, what's up?
Becca: Hey, Mary. You know those treats you said were bad for Chloe?
Me: ...oh no...
Becca: I'm afraid so. She got into them and had a spell of diarrhea.
Me: Nooooo!!! Ugh!!!
Becca: Yeah, I walked in the door and it reaked, so I checked by the desk and she had the treats on the floor, half eaten, and next to it was a couple spurts of...
Me: ...Alright, I'll be home soon to clean it up.
There went all the leisure time I had to write my glorious paper
I cleaned it up without puking, so that was good. But it took a long time...and that was bad. I took Chloe out once more since she kept whining like she was going to explode, then she pretty much did explode by the lavender bush in the backyard. I raced back to the computer lab with an hour left to finish my paper.
I had a class at 1:30, then I had planned on heading down to Provo where Tim was and we would have dinner with our friends. I needed to leave by 3:00 in order to get there around 6, but I had no way of knowing when Tim would be done his certification process in Provo.
I finished my paper at 4:15, after I attended my 1:30 class. I felt like my head was going to explode from all the rushing around I was doing. I went home, took Chloe out again, scrubbed the poo carpet some more, and left.
On my way to Provo, I remembered that the last full day I had with Tim til I drove out to VA would be tomorrow. Then, suddenly, like a bad dream, I remembered I had to start work again tomorrow! 9-4 I was to work at the American West Heritage Center to prepare for Baby Animal Days. There goes all the plans for tomorrow.
By the time I got down to Provo, I was ready to eat. So hungry. The last time I had anything to eat, really, was that morning. Half-spilled hot chocolate with a side of soggy bread.
I sat. And I sat. And I waited. I texted my friend that we probably wouldn't be done until around 8 or 8:30. Well, I'm still sitting here, waiting for Tim to finish. He hasn't had nearly as much practice at this stuff as the other guys have, so it is taking him a bit longer than the rest. I know this is the longest blog of all time, but now Tim is ready to go and he has to come back tomorrow to finish up.
I guess it wasn't all that bad. The poo was the worst. *sigh* Tomorrow will be better. Yay for working!
Great Wolf Lodge
9 years ago
2 comments:
how funny! Tanner and I just read this book. I tried to explain to him how some days are just crap and you wish they would be over. He told me, "I've never had one of those days. Every day is good for me." To see the world through the eyes of a child!
hello! we had no idea you guys had a blog! i just discovered it through samantha's. hooray! :) when can you come over and play?
Post a Comment