Tim rocks my socks off.
A couple weeks ago, I told him I wanted some real presents for my birthday this year. Usually, I can't remember things I want/need when it's time for my birthday. I didn't want to waste another birthday and remember a week later that, oh yeah, I wanted a new curling iron or a cool spa getaway that's discounted on living social. So I started making a list on my phone when good things popped into my head. Here is the list:
Cast Iron Skillet
KitchenAid Mixer
Manicure/Pedicure
New Laptop
Prenatal Yoga class
I'm usually not into possessions and all that. I'm pretty content with what I have, but the longer I'm a mom, the more convenience and relaxation are important for my sanity. I only make cookies like twice a year, if I feel like it. And I've NEVER considered myself a baker, more of a cook (hence the desire for the cast iron skillet...those are awesome), but I'd like to think the only reason I haven't stretched my baking wings is because stirring just takes too much effort. Maybe if I had a KitchenAid, I'd bake a little more. That's the shpeel I gave to Tim, anyway.
I've been hearing that Prenatal Yoga is awesome and I've been wanting to try it, and hopefully, that will be relaxing, and the mani/pedi is just a no brainer.
A new laptop is something I've been needing/wanting for some time. The laptop I've been using is 9 years old, so I do not use the internet AT ALL. I have so many poems and short stories on there, and music and pictures from college years, I don't want some virus to warp my precious precious memories. Also, I've been trying to write a stupid novel for like 3 years now, and I'm almost 100 pages in. If I were to lose all that and the notes I wrote on the side, I would cry for at least a week. Also, I have nowhere to store all the adorable pictures we're getting of our family. So a new laptop would be very, very nice to have. Nothing fancy, just enough to do what I need it to.
I'm just trying to justify my very expensive wants to you. Is it normal to feel guilty wanting these things? We just got a new van and I feel like asking for these things is pressing my luck. I ask myself if I'm becoming greedy. There are more important things our family needs, like a house. We should be saving our money to buy a house. Right?
Well, today, Tim told me to go to the movies with my Dad. It was a nice treat. The stress of finding a babysitter was not there, and I didn't have to worry about Ronan being out of routine or whatever cuz he was with his Daddy! How nice of my husband, right? When I got home, he told me I was home too early. I was confused. Why was he so upset? Then he showed me the shiny new laptop on the coffee table.
"I was setting it up for you so it would be ready when you got home. It's an early birthday present." I wrapped my arms around him and cried like a baby. This man spoils me, I tell you. He spoils me rotton.
So I hope this blog will be better kept now that I have a convenient typing tool to write what's on my mind.
And hopefully, it won't be all jibber jabber. Like this was.
I lubs my hubs.
Great Wolf Lodge
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment