So I’m just fine. The rhythm specialist (who was not at ALL what I imagined) diagnosed my heart problem as “Premature Atrial Contraction with appropriate Sinus lag.” My heart beats a little early on the top, then the rest sort of catches up. He also called it a Benign Arrhythmia which means my heart does weird things, but everything is fine. He said this type of thing happens in marathon runners and athletes; people who exercise a lot. So I guess I’m too healthy for my heart. Too healthy for my heart so healthy it huurrrrts.
I still have my Event Monitor which is fun to wear around little kids. “What is that?” “A heart monitor.” *Silence. Sweet, sweet silence.* This happened while teaching CTR 6 for Primary two Sundays ago. Boy. That was a trip. Turns out any class you teach to children are just as difficult as teaching the Sunbeams. I think I liked teaching Sunbeams even more because you expect them not to be able to pay attention. 6-year-olds, I expected some degree of discipline. My expectations dropped after one of the kids hit me with a paper ball. It was an accident, but still…come on.
Then, they asked me to substitute as Primary Music Leader for this past Sunday. I had a BLAST doing that! We played the Manassas II favorite song game, “Sing Sing Sing,” stand up or sit down every time you sing the word “sing.” We did it faster, slower, then reeeeeally fast, then reeeeally slow. I took requests and we sang “Once There Was a Snowman” three times. I based our activities on the Primary Music Leader Champion, Sister Hayward. Seriously, the kids love her and she plays the best games with them. During the Senior Primary hour (which consisted of six kids), I joked with the pianist and laughed pretty hard. The little girl in the class perked up and said “I like your laugh!” It was the sweetest thing!! And when church was over, one of the little girls I had taught the week prior in CTR 6 (in my head, I called her “the good one,”) came up and gave me a big hug. “I love your singing!!” I’m pretty sure she was trying to tell me she had a lot of fun singing in primary today. I bent down and told her what a good girl she is. She is seriously so sweet.
Speaking of sweet, guess who has Christmas decorations up (besides Papa Mickey who made sure they were up for Halloween so he could complete his Santa Costume)! That’s right! This weekend, Tim and I got Christmas décor from the luxurious Wal-mart, complete with tiny tree, mini ornaments, lighted garland, stockings, candles, even a wreath to put on our door! Seeing that wreath on the other side of the door was wondrous. I’ve never had such a big smile leaving for work.
I had a debate on facebook this weekend about putting up Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving. Apparently it means you’re smothering one holiday to jump to the next. To those of you who say that, I used to be one of you. Then I wised up and realized, Thanksgiving and Christmas compliment each other and these lights we have up already just mean I’m excited for the entire holiday season including New Years! Besides, Thanksgiving lights don’t exist, people. And when the weather outside is frightful and I start dreaming of turkey, stuffing, and green bean casserole, I start thinking of Christmas, too. Family and food and time off work and feel-good movies and buoyed nostalgia before we all get winter cabin fever…there’s nothing like this season. Like they say, it’s the most wonderful time of the year. So those of you who wait ‘til after Thanksgiving and snub those who do not do the same, you can stuff it up your turkey. That’s right.
Stuff it!
Great Wolf Lodge
9 years ago
1 comment:
I'm glad that everything is okay...and those kids are lucky to have you and your beautiful, fun, charming countenance!
Love ya girl!
Post a Comment