I lay asleep in bed, dreaming about a bad guy who was trying to get into my room inside the grocery store when the bed started shaking. My eyes opened and I heard rattling all around. Overhead, I heard what sounded like a very low airplane flying above our apartment building. It was so LOUD. The shaking continued for a moment longer and ceased.
I blinked. What just happened? Everything was quite fuzzy and I was still dreamy. I woke up Tim. "Did you feel that?"
"Mmm..huh? Feel what?"
"Everything was shaking."
"What?"
"Did I just dream it?"
"Yeah, you musta dreamed it."
"Then you didn't feel anything?"
"No, go back to sleep."
"I could of sworn...okay, goodnight."
"..."
Before going to sleep, I looked at the clock to document the time. Just after 5am. If it's on the news tomorrow and the time matches up, I'll know I didn't just dream it (don't we have the funniest thoughts at night...Like I needed to know the time to know it was real if it would be on the news the next day...).
When I woke up to go to work, I kissed Tim goodbye, trying desperately to remember if I had dreamed all that racket or if it had actually happened. "I half expect someone to ask me about the earthquake when I get to work," I joked with Tim. He laughed and I was on my merry way.
As soon as I walked into the office, Alex at the front desk asked, "Did you feel the quake?"
Hah! I knew it! My imagination is quite active, but not THAT active. I couldn't believe an earthquake had actually hit our area. A 3.6er! Nothing compared to what has been happening everywhere else, but a significant shake for our area. I found out later that the epicenter of the earthquake was right smack dab where Tim and I live. So we felt it the strongest! And Tim slept right through it...
You know you're in an earthquake on the east coast when you convince yourself it must've been a dream.
Great Wolf Lodge
9 years ago
1 comment:
Once we were sitting in our Rexburg apt. I heard the blinds shaking just barely and I knew it was a teeny tiny earthquake. It was like 2.1 all the way in Yellowstone. I am an earthbender.
Post a Comment