The only bad thing about the weekend is that it ends too soon.
This weekend was particularly awesome. Friday night I went to Dave and Busters with my co-workers and played arcade games! I think one of the best highlights was when we found a dirty diaper smushed into the floor of a back-corner theatre-type video game. It just made me laugh because...who would do that? Were they upset or something and decided the best way to express their feelings was to remove the soiled diaper from their stinky child and plaster it on the floor of a promising-looking-yet-completely-lame game? People find the strangest ways to express themselves.
I taught my first Creative Writing class on Saturday which ended up being extremely enjoyable and beneficial to myself. I sure hope it was mutual to my single student. After that, Tim and I went up to Jarrettsville, Maryland for a good ole fashioned family reunion gorging and mingling. Aunt Diana always has the best shmorgasboard (sp?) of food on the planet, and it is so fun to see everyone.
Sunday day was the best (sorry everyone else, but it was). Tim and I finally got callings in church. I am the sacrement chorister which means I get to choose the hymns we sing every Sunday and lead the music. Tim was asked to teach the 14-15 year old Sunday School class. He also will be 1st Counselor in the Sunday School Presidency, which means he will be finding volunteers to teach classes when a teacher has to be absent, and generally offering assistance to the Sunday School President. Though we are glad to have such wonderful callings, that is not what made our Sunday so wonderful (MY Sunday, Tim is free to love Saturday more if he so wishes). Heavenly Father really loves us. He really does. He is watching our lives, he is listening to our prayers, and he touches our hearts when they need it. I have received an answer to something I have been praying about and it came to me in a way I forgot how I could receive answers. It reminded me of the importance of the people around us and how they can bless our lives, and reminded me also of the trueness of the gospel, the realness of it. The priesthood is real, and the men in our church have been given a great blessing to hold the power to act in behalf of God on earth today. I am grateful for my Heavenly Father who has answered my prayer and I promise I will try to listen better to what you are trying to tell me.
Let the world know here on this silly blog, the church is true. I know it in my heart, I feel it in my soul. I wrap my arms around it and hold it as close as I can, but I will keep trying harder to preserve my faith and to make it as strong as the base of the earth. Let our feet tred in waters that will lead us all to the paths our Father would have us go.
Isn't it so spectacular to have these moments of revelation that powers up our spiritual batteries? I think so.
Great Wolf Lodge
9 years ago
1 comment:
Very inspiring Mary! You're such a great example to me.
Love ya Captain
Post a Comment