Friday, June 18, 2010

Ode to Fathers

One day, I was really really sad and wanted to come home from college. My dad told me that if I didn't want to be there, if it wasn't making me happy, then forget it and come home. The pressure was off when he said that and I felt a lot better. Thanks, Dad!

One day, I left my car outside of my in-law's house with the windows rolled down. A couple hours later (while I was gone) it started to rain. My dad-in-law fixed a tarp over my car so my seats wouldn't get wet. Thanks, Dad!

One day, I needed to learn how to drive. My dad took me out in the stick-shift and tried really hard to be patient with me. We both lost our tempers, but I eventually was doing it right. Not only that, but he ended up giving me that car which is still in good working order. Thanks, Dad!

One day, Tim and I needed somewhere to keep Chloe for a time while we lived with my mom. My dad-in-law took perfect and wonderful care of her that whole time (even when she was in heat...(still sorry about that one)) and told us about the funny things she did when we would come and visit. Thanks, Dad!

A lot of days, my dad flew me home for christmas and summer and spring break. Thanks, Dad!

One day, my dad-in-law spent a whole day with me looking at potential new/used cars for me and Tim to purchase. Boy, was he good to have around that day. Thanks, Dad!

One day, I was born. Thanks, Dad!

One day, Tim was born. Thanks, Dad!

YOu guys are the best and I love you both.

Happy Fathers Day!

2 comments:

Laura K said...

I think you owe the whole being born thing to the moms... one day you guys were conceived...thanks dads!

I Want Kandie said...

Hey Mary!

Thanks for your sweet comment! The funny thing is that I was getting onto my blog so that I could leave you a comment. I love how ironic life can be.

Anyway, I've been weirdly sick lately and therefore I've been sleeping a lot. Anyway I just had the craziest, vivid dream and you were in it. You were asleep in my front room and you were holding my baby nephew. Anyway Ronald Weasley was asleep in the chair next to you and I had to wake you guys up because terrorist from the middle east had started my house on fire. You woke up just fine, but I had to carry Ronald out in my arms because he wouldn't wake up-and even in dreamworld that wasn't easy. That's just a glimpse of my nuttu dream, but I'm proud to say that you and Ron survived, despite the crazy Arabs.

Love ya chica and I love your Ode to Fathers. You're amazingly talented.

Kandie