Saturday, June 5, 2010

Like a New Lappy

So my new job is pretty sweet. Not because of the actual work (which will always be slightly monotonous in any office setting), but the people. Everyone says hello in the morning to each other and goodbye when they leave, they whisper hints about free food in the kitchen or in the big conference room, they bring in breakfast pizza and strawberries just to share with everyone, they tell fun stories about their weekend, give advice on which movies or books to get, and so on. And best of all, I work only 10 minutes away from my sweetie. We have lunch together about 2-3 times a week and it is awesome. Two of the guys at work are so nice, they fixed my lappy for me. Wiped it clean of everything but what I wanted to keep and now my computer is faster! Wasn't that nice of them?

Every Tuesday and Thursday night after work I go the opposite way down 270 to take class from my sweetie at Kicks Karate. Everytime I kick a pad and move the person holding it off their toes, I imagine I'm in one of those superhero girl movies like Tomb Raider, and the person I am kicking at is the bad guy. "HeeYA!" No way are you going to be sucking the universe into a black hole! "HeeYA!" Don't you point that AK-47 at me, I will only get madder!

This Wednesday, I will be testing for my green belt. Yipe!

Last night, I watched Tim take a class at the Germantown school location with Mr. Brown. He looks so awesome when he does martial arts. He pours his little heart and all his muscles into it so his moves are all really strong and crisp. Quite intimidating. Good thing I know he's sweet. Being there reminded me of the very first time we ever went to Kicks Karate. Tim hadn't trained in a while and he was so full of joy it was like watching a little boy. He kept looking over at me and giving me this huge goofy grin that Chloe sometimes gives us when we visit Papa Mickey. I remember thinking, okay, this is where he belongs right now. Not long after that, he was an employee and our lives have been better for it. I can't tell you how often we've thanked Heavenly Father. Because it is a lot.

Last night, I had a dream we were swimming with dolphins. When I woke up, I remember we actually DID swim with dolphins!!!


Such a pity Destin Beach's beauty will soon be violated by the BP oil spill which is now the largest oil spill in US history (even worse than the Exxon Valdez), and it just keeps acomin.

Can't wait to be visited by these guys:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aww, I'm so glad you love your job so much! That's great Mary. =)