Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Two Days Away

The flowers are ordered, the decorations are bought, the party favor ribbons have been tied (almost all 300 of them), and I am getting ready to pack for the honeymoon. I can't believe it's only two days away... Just two days until Tim and I are together forever and ever, for time and all eternity. I can't imagine anyone better for me to spend forever with. Can you?

Almost exactly one year ago, I saw Tim at a church singles activity. He told a funny story about how the cast on his leg was removed, and it smelled so bad, he kept apologizing to the nurse. It's a silly thing to remember, but all at once, it allowed me to see part of his character that I immediately fell in love with. Funny, outgoing, and apologetic for his bodily smells. Then he taught a lesson out of the scriptures and I was free to stare at him all I wanted. I remember thinking...

He's pretty dang cute. What's that around his neck? A clover? Is he Irish?! Holy crap, he's got curly auburn hair. Is he the one? Oh, come on, Mary, stop doing that. You aren't here to meet guys, remember? You're trying to improve on--holy shnikies look at those arms. Woo! And his voice is so hypnotizing. I could listen to it all day. I just might have to judging by the length of this lesson, geez. Oh, all the more reason to shamelessly stare at him. No! Stop it! You are not going to--but there is something about this guy. There is something about him, and it's not his arms or voice or hair... I am definitely getting a crazy weird vibe here... What is it about this guy?

Turns out, he was my true love. An idea I had lost faith in for myself. Me, who daydreamed about Prince Charming and Knights more than any other girl I'd ever met, had come to the conclusion at age 21 that true loves existed, just not for myself. And one night at FHE changed my whole world into the beautiful one I'd always imagined. I'm not so naiive as to think everything is perfect now, that I won't ever struggle. I know there will be hard days. Heck, they've already come and gone, or linger and stink. Life is supposed to be filled with trials and heartache, loss and dissappointment, that's what makes it life. But what I will forever be grateful for and happy about is the fact that I now have someone to share those bad times with, and we can cry together or be mad together or laugh together or shmooze together all we want, because we have each other. And we will have each other for the rest of eternity. In two days, I'll never be alone again. Until one of us dies, and has to wait to be reunited with the other.

I love you, my Tim.