Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Snowballs for dummies.

So today I was feeding the sheep and chicken. Chloe was in the back yard which is fenced off from the rest of the farm. She never likes to see me over there with those evil deranged roosters. Maybe because one time they attacked me so bad I tried to taekwondo kick them but they kept coming jumping one after the other attacking my legs. So I naturally picked up a stick and began beating them back. Useless with my methods I resorted to running for the hills and jumped the fence just in time before my life was taken. However, today while I was out there Chloe began her usual bit of barking whining. I yelled at her "Don't" "no" "Stop" Shut it Pooch!" but none of these ever do work. She is the type of dog that is scared for me yet anciously excited by her own voice. I'm sure a few of you can relate. So I grew tired of straining my voice and decided to start pelting snow balls at Chloe. The first one was a dead on shot and she quickly evaded it with a yelp of unsurity. The next one exploded on the roof of the shed and sprayed down on her. After a few more creative evasions on her part she finally started realizing it was just snow. Chloe loves snow and doesnt stop eating it. ever. So she began running towards the snowballs rather than avoiding them. With her mouth drawn open and a giant leap of joy off the wood pile and into the air she caught the first snowball in her mouth. It exploded and I soon saw her sitting there enjoying her sweet rewards. She attempted the next few and caught only a two of them. What a spoiled pup.

Tim

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hahah! Yesterday, David tossed a snowball in the air and Chloe jumped up, caught it, then hit the sidewalk, ribs first. She was just fine, but it was an intense leap for just a snowball. Chloe is such a silly girl.