It was 12:45 AM on the eve of December 31st. The new year was like a fresh awakening for the hearts of northern Virginia. As I drove home from my beloveds house she grew up in I distinctly noticed a change in the community of Manassas. No longer was there a need for speed or a sheer determination to surpass those around you like a race horse going for the finish. Winning by one car length after the next in pursuit of being the first to the next red light. However new years resolutions and dreams of world peace finally reach the outskirts of Manassas City when on my way home drivers began showing a certain tolerance for kindness towards each other. As I approached the first stop sign in my travels I noticed one car across from me. As I got closer the car remained stagnant. After stopping for the alotted time I was given a flash of lights signaling the okay for me to go. I figured he was just trying to find something in his car and I took the gesture graciously. Next while driving on a two way street I needed to turn left. There was a row of cars heading in my direction with no stop sign. The drive heading towards me at about 10 mph stopped and signalled me to turn. He had no reason but pure generosity. He must have known how tired I was and seen my needs above his. This happened the entire way home with one car after the next stopping and letting me go first. You may say that drunks are angry and intollerable but I say thank you for your kindness on the road. I wonder why when the daylight hits they all go back to being a grouch.
written by Tim
Great Wolf Lodge
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment