In every path of every road, there is a bend (unless you are in Nevada). Seasons change, restaurants close, and trials begin, leading a single body down a pathway they never expected to go. Whether this pathway brings joy or grief depends upon the traveler. Your attitude affects what you see around you. What I will say in this blog cannot bode ill, for I refuse to allow the bad things to drown the good.
That being said, Tim and I are on a quest to find the perfect craftsman to make our one-of-a-kind ring. We discovered today that the design is much more difficult than we anticipated, so one craftsman down, two other candidates to go. The design we have chosen has taken seed in our hearts and remains blatantly beautiful in our minds. It has accidental perfect meaning to us, and therefore is nothing short of inspiration. Perhaps it is difficult, but we will not rest until someone who can create our dream ring is found and compensated. One craftsman, who we have deemed, "Lord of the Rings" due to his stout, gaunt appearance, and obvious profession, seems quite promising. We hope to receive more information from both new chosen craftsman tomorrow, but I don't believe we'll have the time sufficient enough to show everyone our inspired ring when we come home for Christmas. That is my only sadness.
It was more than excellent to go to Martial Arts class today and get some good kicks out on the slammer pad. Orange belt tests are coming up, and Tim says my sidekicks are "powerful." I'm totally ready to advance to the next level! For those of you who don't know, Michaelangelo is my favorite ninja turtle. I just might come into class with my orange belt wrapped around my face instead of my waist. I'll have to wrap it around a few times like Tim did for Brooklyn's body on Thanksgiving, but that's just fine. It'll be intense.
My last and final paper is due tomorrow, so I've been working on it pretty hard (this blog was a break). So Tim, in all his sweetness, made me dinner. It was a full five course meal! I sat in his room working while he brought me every dish one by one. Here is what the menu consisted of:
Course #1: One holiday Marshmallow Treat (Green and Red Rice Krispies) and a glass of water
Course #2: A bowl of Campbell's classic Chicken Noodle Soup and some Vanilla Hot Chocolate
Course #3: Two pieces Marmalade Toast, one piece Buttered Toast, and a glass of red Kool-aid
Course #4: A bowl of dry Cereal with a mug of Milk to pour
Course #5: Popcorn!
Every bowl was served on a plate for my convenience, silverware ready. Every course filled my heart with enamoring joy! Is he not the sweetest man in the universe? It was most delicious and every bite was like a gentle kiss upon my alabaster brow. Haha, but seriously, it was very sweet of him.
And last, but definitely the awesomest news... Tim has two new students in his Taekwondo program! This Friday, Ty (just turned four), and Gage (five), will be taking their places as fresh white belts in his Little Ninjas class! They sound cute already, huh? And Thomas, who works the office in Tim's department at the Sports Academy, says many people have called with interest for January! I guess the popular thing has been to join up after the holidays. Looks like the Saturdays spent at a table in front of Walmart chucking for hours has paid off! Go Tim!!!!
As always, this is a loooong blog. I have to get back to my paper, but we love you all!
Great Wolf Lodge
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment