Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Preemptive Post

Hello friends, family, and maybe some blog stalkers! We have prematurely created a blog to chronicle our lives that are just beginning to begin together. This blog comes to you at the request of us, and possibly Jenny, whose blogs are always amazing and incredibly hilarious. We are the last in the Rowlett family web to make a blog (except Grandma Debbie--gotta get on that) so we don't want to waste any time.

Last Friday, Tim asked my father, Mickey Rowlett, if he could please marry me. My Dad stood up and held out his arms for a huge manly embrace. "You guys were made for each other," he told Tim. Since then, our wedding has felt much more official, and we just decided we couldn't hold it in til Christmas.

On Thursday, we told everyone in our immediate family and some of our close friends that we're getting married! It began when I asked Tim's mom if I could please marry her son (It was only fair. Tim had to hork up the guts to ask Dad, right?). After much giggling and some coaxing, she said okay.

From then, it was a snowball effect. Beth was eavesdropping next to Tim's mom as she was talking to us, so she knew. Then Tim's dad walked in the door and could figure out what was going on. Leah came in and had no idea what they were talking about for a bit, got on the phone and asked, "You guys are getting married?" Tim answered, "No, my legs were cut off in a car accident. I'm stuck in a wheelchair and I'll never do martial arts again." She wasn't had for a second. "Shutup, you guys are totally getting married."

When Tim's dad got on the phone, he asked when we were getting married. May 16th, Tim told him. "We're going rafting that day," he said. Tim's mom was heard in the backround with a giggle: "We can change our schedule." "No," Tim's dad teased. "It's on the calendar, we're going rafting that day."

Later on, Melissa found out during the onslaught of calls we were making. She was in class, unable to answer, but willing to text. "I'm in class, I'll call you when we're done." Tim wouldn't have that. He texted her back, "I'm getting married." A few minutes later, her class was magically dismissed early, and she and Tim conversed for a good while.

Of course, Dana already knew since she caught Tim looking at engagement rings online before we left Virginia. Paul found out three weeks or so ago when Tim just had to ask him if he could be his best man.

On my side of the family, my mom found out a long time ago when she told me Tim was perfect for me. Months later, Julie squeezed it out of me, making me think she had valuable information to swap. Then, of course, my dad who was asked The Question, and was apparently caught off gaurd. Then, Laura who is the best secret squirrel in the family, was told so we could ask her if her husband, Tony, could take our engagement pictures. She was so excited.

Possibly the best reaction I got came from Abby, my brother's three year old daughter. "Yaaaaay! You mawee Tim?" she squeeled. "Yep! Me and Tim are getting married!" "Yaaaaaay! I loooove Tim!"

The next best reaction I got was from Lizzie, Jen's little girl. "Lizzie, say, Yay Mary!" Jen tells me her face contorted into a smirk and she said, "Yay PooPoo!" We're still laughing about that one. Not many almost-two-year-olds have that sense of humor.

I know this was a big first post, but this is a big deal! Yay us! And we wanted to let you guys know how much we love all of you and how excited we are to start our new life together. Thank you all for being so supportive. If you want to, you can visit our website which is still under some construction: www.timandmary.synthasite.com

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Yea for the blog Mary... Congrats on the engagement. Where's pictures, what does the ring look like? Are you getting married out here? PLEASE SAY DC!!!! Is Tim coming for Christmas...Hmmm dumb question because I guess you wouldn't be coming if he wasn't? Anyways heaps of luck planning.

Call if you have need.
Jodi

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

We're gonna read everything in your blog. This is exciting and we are so happy for your new life together!!! Love you!!!