Height: 27 1/2 inches >97%
Weight: 17.4 lbs. 81%
Head size: 40.5cm 5%
Ronan still is a very tall baby with a small head! He is growing at a funny rate. The doctor joked about his head size and said "at least it's not shrinking." I feel like all the growth of his head is upwards and thats why he's so tall. We have him in mostly 9 month clothes now. It's crazy how fast he is growing. I just went through all his clothes AGAIN to weed out the things that don't fit.
His favorite things include:
-His bouncy chair, which he will happily bounce in for 30 minutes some days.
-Grabbing mommy's hair, or anyone's hair for that matter (sorry, grandma Rook).
- Looking at and petting Chloe. The other day he laughed when she did her "jump and spin" trick.
-Yelling at people while grabbing their faces. He does this to Tim all the time and it cracks me up. I guess I wouldn't call it yelling so much as it is growling.
-Watching TV. He is my child for sure. I've never seen a baby so young enjoy TV so much. I try to only let him watch one baby Einstein video a day, but sometimes he gets to watch tv with daddy, too.
-Going for walks. It gives him a chance to observe the world and be in the sun. We love walks.
-Watching ninja classes. Whenever I bring him into work with me, he will be content to sit on me and watch class til he falls asleep.
He can now:
-Hold his head up from the ground a good couple inches when he's on his back. He lifts his legs at the same time, keeping his toes pointed. We call them his baby crunches. The doctor was pretty impressed with them.
-Roll from his back to his belly, which people keep telling us is harder than belly to back. He can't roll from his belly to his back yet, and has only rolled from back to belly a handful of times. Each time he was kind of like "how the heck did I get this way?"
-Grab objects with both hands and one hand. He's getting so good at grabbing, he's starting to pinch mommy's arm fat when he's being carried. I swear he's giving me bruises, he is so strong.
-Grab his feet. He hasn't eaten them yet, but he looks at them a lot and just the other day, started to grab them.
Our baby is growing up. He seems more and more like a real person and it is so much fun to see his little personality developing. He is the silliest little thing I've ever seen. I wish I could post a video of him grabbing Tim's face and growling at him. He does it ALL the time.
He's still a very sweet baby and only fusses when he needs something; food, nap, no more tummy time, to turn the TV back on (okay, so he's starting to fuss a little more, but not much). He will sleep from around 10:30-8 or 9, waking up here and there for some milkies. He takes 3 good naps a day or 4-5 short ones, depending on what happens. I can tell when he's gotten a good nap because when I hear him waking up, I'll go in to get him and he will smile at me.
And when he smiles, my heart leaps.
Great Wolf Lodge
9 years ago





1 comment:
the photo with the fuzzy hat? SO cute. also, he already weighs more than London. such a bruiser!
Post a Comment