Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Only two and a half weeks? Are you sure it hasn't been longer?

Ronan is almost three weeks old now and I feel like we're starting to get the groove of having him around.

Ronan has proved himself a sweet boy. He cries maybe three times a day until we fix whatever is wrong with him; dirty diaper, hungry belly, lost a binky. As far as baby's go, he is pretty cut and dry.

He still loves staring at Daddy. Last night when Tim came home after being gone all day, Ronan's eyes got so big looking at Tim, and I swear he smiled at him. He loves his daddy already.

Last night, we tried his first real tummy time. We laid a blanket on the floor and everything. It did not go over well with Ronan. He cried the whole time. Too bad, baby. It's happening again this evening.

He spit up for real for the first time last night after Tim fed him with a bottle for the first time. If Tim didn't have ninja reflexes, he would have been puked on. As it is, he pulled away from Ronan's face just in time for a nice waterfall of digested milk to expell from our baby's tiny mouth. Not feeding him with a bottle again until we find a slow-dropping nipple, cuz dang. That was a lot of puke.

I can't tell you how nice it is to not be preggers anymore. I don't have heartburn at all, I can see the tendons in my feet again, I can hug my husband without leaning over a basketball-sized belly...It is great. I still have to lose 20 pounds to get back to pre-pregnancy weight, but that will come in time. I figure some of that has got to be milk weight, right? RIGHT?? Well, it's only been two and a half weeks. In four more weeks I can start Martial Arts again and crunch this pooch back where it came from.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I'm so happy that things are going well! Ronan is a chunky cutie. I wish that we could see him. And squeeze him. Molly had the same problem with bottles when she was tiny - she would drink it quickly, then out it came. He'll figure it out, and it's good Ninja reflex practice, right? :)