This is the line I was greeted with Thursday morning when I went to a check-up appointment for my prenatal care. I went from weighing 130 lbs. to weighing 115 lbs. in a month. The doctor said they had to watch me and see what the problem was.
The problem ended up being that I have Hyperemesis to help guide me through my 1st trimester. For those of you who don't know, I've deemed it "Throw-ups Disease," so you have a better idea of what it means and I don't have to go through too much detail.
After spending a couple days in the hospital counting my calorie intake and keeping me hydrated, they decided that I'm not eating enough for my body and I need what is called a PICC line to help me maintain my weight and keep my body healthy, as well as the baby. For those who don't know, a PICC line is an IV they keep in you so they don't have to keep sticking you. We'll have a home nurse come every night and feed me some nutrients, so I'll be gaining weight as I sleep (hopefully).
The part that sucks about this the most is that through it all, I keep feeling nauseous and weak. It didn't matter how long they kept that IV in me, every time I got up to use the bathroom, I could feel my legs shaking under me. I will say by the time I left the hospital, I felt better, but I think I should have stayed in a bit longer. The only reason I didn't was because it was Christmas, and they didn't want me to be stuck in the hospital for Christmas. I'm glad I was able to be home for sure, but I'd rather get an IV of Phenergen than have to use other means to get it into my body.
Can you tell I'm sick of being sick? I'm so stinking tired of all this crap. I don't know how some women do this their whole pregnancy. I just hope I don't have to be one of them.
If it wasn't for that little bean inside me, I'd be going crazy. But I know the most important thing is that I stay healthy so my baby stays healthy. So PICC line, here we come.
Great Wolf Lodge
9 years ago
1 comment:
mary! i'm so sorry! this is NOT a normal thing - most women don't have it this bad! that must be one special little bean in there. i'm so sorry you have to go through all this, you are a super hero! i hope you just keep feeling better and better until all you want to do is eat and run around with tons of energy and pizzazz! love you!
Post a Comment