Thursday, June 23, 2011

Novel Update

Remember when I wrote that I was writing a novel? Yep, still writing it. Here is a progress report for you:

Pages: 30 in the computer (not double-spaced), about 8 more written on notebook paper (I use what I have)

Chapters: Maybe 6 or 7

Character introductions: At least 4 solid ones

Interest: I read it to Tim two nights ago and he said it really pulled him in, but he's my husband, so he may just be trying to get out of doing the dishes by shmoozing... MY interest in it is high.

Point in story: If you look at this graph, I'm beginning the rising action. I've got a long way to go, but I'm just getting to the part where I won't be able to stop writing once I begin it. Yay!

I even have a tentitive title, but that is a secret that will not be shared until the novel is finished and ready.

Hint: It's not called I Love Food, though I did consider writing a novel about how much I do love food. Maybe that'll be my next project.

2 comments:

S.R. Braddy said...

Titles are the worst! I STILL don't have one for my novel - and I'm on the second draft.

Jessie said...

Oh Mary! I'm so happy for you! This is a HUGE accomplishment! I won't be offended if you need me to proof-read it for you. I'll be honest in my feedback and everything! ;)