Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend Snippits

Sometimes when I'm at work, I wish I was at home so I could be writing. Then, when I'm writing, I wish I had some fresh fruit or something better to eat than water and carrots. I think I need some yoda wisdom:

"All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless!"


This weekend was amazing. Chloe took a dive in a neighborhood lake to chase some geese. I got to watch her swim around for a couple seconds, paddling away, probably wondering to herself how the heck she got in the water and what had happened to all the geese.

We got a new welcome mat for our apartment we've been living in for over a year. It is so pretty. It even has butterflies on it! Now I feel like before we got it, we were crabby loners who hated company.

I got to see my dad who's been away in Utah for months and months! Giving him a big hug was great, but it didn't feel like a party until my four-year-old niece, Lizzie, arrived. At one point, she was trying out a magic trick, asking me what magic words to say. I was going to tell her to say "I am a turkey," but then I remembered an old trick my dad taught us. Oh wah tay goo siam. I changed my mind mid-word. "I a...Oh wah." Lizzie obediently repeated. "Eye ah oh waaaah." Me and my sister Jen laughed so hard I thought my gut was going to pop.

I made delicious oatmeal scotchies with Jen and Lizzie. Those cookies were so dang good. It took a great effort not to gorge myself with all that sugary goodness. Then after they were cooked, it took even more effort.

Tim and I got home early that night (is 9:00pm early for anyone else?) and watched our new favorite, 30 Rock.

And now, it's Monday, and all I can think about is how much money we shouldn't have spent this past weekend and how much money I wish we had. Just a couple thousand more a month, is that too much to ask for now?

No comments: